Tuesday 2 August 2011

ArtCulture Exhibition

I took part in an Art Exhibition at SubCulture in Queenstown last night.  It is a venue that opens its doors once every two months to allow artists of any medium to come along and display their work.  It's free of charge and they don't take any commission from sales which is completely unheard of.  It is a great event depending on artist participation and last night they had a great turn out of both artists and viewers.  I have been to this event once before and sold a few smaller things but last night I had a bit of a successful night with a few Jewellery sales that I was honestly not expecting.  Not that I don't think that my work doesn't sell well, its just that as I said it was more of an exhibition environment and the sales were a pleasant surprise. 

Anyway I just wanted to say a big thank you to SubCulture for hosting this event and for not charging commission or any artist fees.  They even gave me a glass of wine as a thank you for coming!  So thanks again to all the staff at SubCulture for supporting local artists in Queenstown :-)


No comments: